With the re-opening of our State, we are delighted to begin re-opening things at St. Mark! We are loosening some of our restrictions while also desiring to keep everyone safe. Church Council will re-evaluate this plan at the July 20th meeting.
The re-opening plan for St. Mark is as follows:
- We will continue to have two services at 8:30 and 11:00am at least until the Council meets in July. At this meeting, we will consider the possibility of conducting one Summer service at 10:00am as we would typically do through Labor Day weekend. Continuing with two services for now provides more “space” in the sanctuary while everyone adjusts to the other changes.
- There is no longer a limit on worship attendance numbers. You will not have to register for worship any more.
- Masks are now optional at church (including during worship), not required. Social distancing is optional but no longer required. As recommended by the State of Washington, those who have not been fully vaccinated should follow the CDC guidelines of masking and social distancing. We also ask that you be sensitive to those who decide to mask and/or social distance. You are welcome to offer hugs and handshakes as you feel comfortable. If you do not wish to receive a hug or handshake, please let one another know by telling us you do not yet feel ready to do that. These are ways we can care for one another as we continue to transition. We will continue to have some masks available for anyone who wants one. Hand sanitizer will also be available for use.
- Our worship service will continue to be the current, somewhat abbreviated service with singing, using one worship assistant, and having no spoken announcements. (Announcements are written in the bulletin.) The service is typically between 45-50 minutes long.
- We will not yet pass offering plates. Offering baskets are stationed at the doorway. We also encourage you to sign up for automatic giving or you can also give through this website– https://www.stmarklacey.org/introductory-giving-page/
- Communion will continue to be served with the pre-filled kits. Worshipers will pick up a kit as you enter and will take communion where you are seated as we are doing currently. Council will re-evaluate moving to a more regular style of communion at our July 20th meeting.
- Worship videos will continue to be provided for those who are not yet comfortable attending worship.
- We are all eager to have Coffee Hour, but we will wait on it for now. This will also be discussed at our next Council meeting. We want to be intentional about our planning and procedures.
- We will continue to clean touch points between services.
Thank you for your patience, understanding, and willingness to help as we continue to transition to normal activities at St. Mark. God bless you!